Mandan Park District is a great place to work and play!
COVID-19 Employment Update - Mandan Park District encourages applicants to apply for its jobs. If COVID-19 affects the park district programs start dates we will still hold your applications until we are ready to hire. At this time, we are receiving and reviewing applications. We will continue to communicate to our patrons and applicants as we know more.
Our staff is committed to providing quality parks and recreation for the community of Mandan and its visitors. If you are looking for a career in recreation, promoting healthy lifestyles and community, the Mandan Park District is the perfect place for you to work! Whether you are looking for a full time career, something to do while the kids are in school, or looking for a little extra income in the summer or after school, we may have something for you!
*Prior to filling out the online application please save document to computer rather than filling out the form in the browser.
Administrative/Accounting TechnicianFULL TIME
Location: Mandan Park District Administration Office
This position performs technical duties in support of the District’s accounts payable and receivable processes. Additional duties include administrative front desk and customer service.
- Receive and record invoices for payment. Reconcile vendor statements.
- Reconcile P-card receipts with statements and record for payment
- Maintain expense tracking spreadsheets.
- Maintain vendor W-9 files and prepare annual 1099 MISC forms
- Generate daily cash and credit card reports from point of sale system, reconcile with cash deposits, investigate discrepancies, and record receipts in General Ledger.
- Prepare bank deposits daily or as needed.
- Prepare customer invoices, record payment, follow up on outstanding balances.
- Maintain spreadsheet of daily credit card receipts.
- Maintain scanned documents database.
- Front desk responsibilities include: answer incoming calls, direct calls to appropriate staff and provide information to inquiries.
- Manager shelter rentals.
- Register and input program registrations.
- Assist with District record management to include: Records Retention, Agreements, Equipment and Property records.
- Perform other accounting, administrative, or customer service duties as assigned
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Associate’s degree in business, accounting or a related field with 2-3 years accounting work experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of financial systems and software applications.
- Skill in accounts payable and receivable processes.
- Skill in computers, automated financial systems and software applications.
- Skill in report preparation and records maintenance.
- Ability to interpret policies and procedures.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to be bonded.
- Must have valid driver’s license.
- All candidates are subject to a background check and must pass a drug and alcohol test.
This position does not supervise others.
WORK AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Most work is performed in an office setting.
Most work hours are performed between 8:00 am – 5:00 pm Monday – Friday. Some instances may require work to be performed evenings or weekends.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
If you are interested go to www.mandanparks.com to download an application or call 701-751-6161
Send completed application, cover letter and resume to:
Teri Welch, Accounting Manager
Mandan Park District
2600 46th Ave Se
Mandan, ND 58554
Open until filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer